Elder Care Services
How Can a Care Manager Help Our Family?
- Share our extensive knowledge about the quality, costs and availability of services in the Greater Rochester, NY area.
- Conduct care planning assessments, right in your parent's home, to identify concerns and provide workable solutions.
- Provide one trusted and accessible professional to coordinate services and communicate with physicians and service providers.
- Act as a liaison to families at a distance, overseeing care and alerting families to problems.
- Use our expertise with Dementia Care to establish a safe and dignified care plan for older adults coping with Alzheimer Disease.
- Assist with identifying "just the right" housing and help with moving an older person from their long time home to an assisted care residence or nursing home.
- Offer counseling and support.
- Provide understandable information about how your parents' health insurance, Medicare, Medicaid and Long Term Care Insurance pay for needed care.
- Help you through the claims process for your parents' Long Term Care Insurance.
Before choosing a Care Manager ask about their qualifications:
- What are your professional credentials?
- Are you licensed in your profession?
- Are you a member of the Aging Life Care Association?
- How long have you been providing care management services?
- Can you provide professional references?
- Are you available for emergencies?
- How many care managers are there in your practice?
- Does your practice accept or pay referral fees?
From a pleased client...
"Marsha I just wanted to thank you for providing such outstanding patient care advice and support for my Aunt.
Being from Canada and not knowing the U.S. system, you provided clear, concise and intelligent advice allowing my Aunt to find the most appropriate health care and support. You are extremely trustworthy and ethical and I would recommend your company to anybody!"
Mark Diamond, Owner/Director
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
• Eldercare Services
• PRI and Screen Services